Today was the final day for the MLB Draft and rounds 16-40 were completed. Because of the new CBA rules, there were a lot of college guys and there is not much info on them. It seems like the Mariners really dipped into south east region this year. Casey and I will give you our best crack at giving you more information on today’s Mariners picks.
491. Dominic Leone, RHP, Clemson
Small build at 5’11”. Will probably be a bullpen guy. Has developed a nice cutter. Fastball sits in the low 90s.
521. Isaiah Yates, OF, Clovis East HS (CA)
He is a two way player, was drafted as an OF but touches the low 90s on the mound. Small guy at 5’9″ but a great athlete. Above average runner and could develop some surprising power
551. Jabari Henry, RF, Florida International
Runs, fields, and hits well. Has some power projection. Solid pick here. Could become a 4th/5th outfielder but swing needs work.
581. Nathan Koneski, LHP, College of the Holy Cross
Lefty college senior and will probably move as a reliever.
611. Steven Ewing, LHP, Miami
Another lefty here. He has a fastball in the upper 80s with good movement on it.
641. Scott DeCecco, LHP, University of South Carolina
671. Gabrial Franca, SS, John W North HS (CA)
701. Levi Dean, RHP, Tennessee Wesleyan College
731. Matthew Vedo, RHP, University of California
761. Mark Bordonaro, RHP, Fairfield University
791. Aaron Brooks, RHP, Edmonds CC
6’6″ 220. NW pitcher. This area is pretty talent sparse for baseball, so the Mariners have an advantage in scouting up here. Could be in the Forrest Snow mold.
821. Blake Holovach, LHP, Missouri
851. Matt Brazis, RHP, Boston College
881. Toby Demello, C, St Marys College
911. Michael Yastrzemski, RF, Vanderbilt
Grandson of Carl.
941. Rusty Shellhorn, LHP, Texas Tech
971. Richard Palase, 2B, Lynchburg College
1001. Logan Seifrit, RHP, Vauxhall HS
1031. Alexander Ross, C, Bellevue CC
Another NW prospect. Community College guys are generally more likely to sign.
1061. Tyler Krieger, SS, Northview HS (GA)
1091. Anthony Wingenter, RHP, Bob Jones HS (AL)
1121. Brett Lilek, LHP, Marian Catholic HS (IL)
1151. Richard Martin, SS, Bloomingdale HS (FL)
1181. Grayson Long, RHP, Barber HS (TX)
1211. James Kaprielian, RHP, Beckman HS (CA)